Creating an eco pool starts with how it’s installed. This means looking for ways to conserve electricity, chemicals and water.
We have been installing pools for over 40 years, so we know all the options.
Our experts will talk you through the sustainable pool options available, so you can get the most out of your eco pool without going over your budget.
Let’s start with
Choosing a high performance media for your filter can substantially reduce your need for chlorine and water. AFM®ng is the best high-performance media for your filter as it:
- Lowers chlorine oxidation demand by up to 50%…less chlorine is used and generated
- Organic matter and microplastics are removed…cleaner pool water
- Reduces backwash demand by 50%…less water and chemical loss
- Designed to last as long as the filtration system… saves money
- Designed specifically for highly effective filtration (certified to 1 micron) and 100% bio-resistance for continuous freshwater.
For more information visit: drydenaqua.com
We always have and will continue to recommend and install media-based filters for the following reasons:
- Cartridge filters cannot filter at the same level as AFM media. Additionally, they are difficult to clean, so most people either hire a service company to do the cleaning or ignore them until they need to be replaced.
- Invariably, cartridge filters are sold by companies that install pools and walk away, offering no maintenance, so they don’t have to deal with the fallout.
- Using cartridge filters often eliminates the need for backwash lines, making it harder to retrofit a proper media filter in the future.
Vantage in-Floor Self
Compass Pools has a unique patented system for keeping your pool clean and clear of debris.
- You don’t have to brush or vacuum, which is time-consuming
- Uses fewer chemicals
- Enhanced circulation from bottom to top, preventing dead and cold spots where algae and bacteria traditionally grow while using less chemicals and reducing heating costs
- All of this allows for cleaner and healthier water, with less effort from you!
For more information visit:
Reducing workload with larger
AAnother technical consideration when installing an eco-friendly pool is the size of the suction pumps. Using larger diameter suction pipes (65mm) rather than traditional (50mm) dramatically reduces the workload of the pump. The result is lower power consumption and better filtration quality. You’ll also get better backwash and so fewer chemicals are needed.
The motor design makes them quieter and reduces the chance of cavitation.
Cavitation is the result of improperly sized swimming pool equipment pumping water at speeds and pressures that exceed the limits, creating high and low pressures that can damage the pool pump.
So the right equipment can lower pool maintenance costs in the long run too.
Energy Efficient Swimming
Inverter heat pumps are the new generation of energy efficient pool heaters. Using efficient inverter compressors and advanced electronics, these heat pumps provide you with swimming pool heat like no other. This results in –
- Lower annual energy costs
- Wi-Fi control capability via app enabling remote functionality
- Smaller physical size
- Super quiet operation
We are passionate about cost-effective, sustainable pools! Our team has researched and vetted all our products and systems, and only sells and installs those we know work.
We offer free consultations in our shops or over the phone. Getting your pool off-grid and sustainable is something we’d love to help you with.
Traditional pools and conventional pools can become energy efficient with lower water consumption while ensuring healthy water.
You don’t need to design a natural pool from the ground up, nor do you need to spend tens of thousands of dollars.
We’d love to help you achieve a healthy pool that’s sustainable and eco friendly too!